It's time to bring this puppy back, everyone.
I may be 3000 miles away from my trusted interviewers, but that doesn't mean that The Daemon Experiment can't continue. Do you have questions? Do you want to know what it is like to channel spirits or have any requests? Ask away in the comments below and if you are lucky I may answer in the next post!
In the meantime, I'd like to talk a little bit about one of the newer connections that have blossomed to life while this blog fell off the grid. Jairen is a very unique otherworlder, and the first of his kind that I've met. In the world he comes from, he is a star. Literally. A yellow dwarf star from, as I understand, the Orion Nebula area. Obviously his world has some curious similarities to our own (it has an Earth, and an Orion Nebula, for starters), but the more of his story I learned the more it became apparent that there were some striking differences as well.
In their world, the stars themselves are people with great power that is proportionate to their burning intensity, collected loosely into groups (galaxies). The least powerful are the Browns (Brown Dwarf stars), and they did not shapeshift very much, preferring their own natural star state. A few of them were able to shapeshift to human (brunette) form. Next were the Reds (Red Dwarf stars). Pretty much the same thing, but shapeshifting came more naturally to them, and they could take more shapes beyond that of human, but always with red hair. The most powerful out of that particular group were the Golden. These are Yellow Dwarfs and Giants, burning at a hotter temperature and putting out more light. The Golden shapeshift with ease between any form they desired, though they seem to prefer human (golden hair and eyes) or fire elemental form.
One of the Golden had Fallen to Earth in her human form, and found herself trapped there, greatly weakened. At first she was depressed and angry, but in time she grew to appreciate humans and learn to love the watery planet and its plants and creatures. She took up gardening to keep her depression at bay, but the peace and quiet didn't last long. She had been pregnant when she fell, and gave birth to a son, Jairen, who had the same golden hair and golden eyes. She could tell as soon as she saw him that he was a Golden as well (Yellow Dwarf), but did not reveal this to him. Instead she let him grow up thinking that he was human.
Unfortunately, his stellar ancestry was not so easily hidden or contained. He found himself having visions of other stars, or heating up and glowing when he was angry. His mother began to worry about what would happen if he shifted or lost his temper. He was, after all, a star. Something like that could rip apart the planet... and just because she was weak and flightless didn't mean that he was.
It is uncertain whether Jairen's energy attracted the other stars, or if his mother contacted them for help, but a couple of the other Golden came in human form to take him to visit their original home and tell him the truth about what he was and what they were. He was able to see them in their different forms -- many of the Golden took fiery equine forms or human forms, while others remained in unshifted star forms. He wandered around for at least a few days, exploring the nebula, and learned how to travel gently between Earth and his stellar home. When he was on his own, he saw something very disturbing, though.
A few of the Browns were playing with a very tired looking star, in their original star forms. The tired star was so exhausted that clouds of dust and fumes had started to collect around it and smother it. It pleaded, telling them: "I need to rest, now," but the others were too energetic and insisted to keep on playing. They crowded around the clouded star, and Jairen instantly got a bad feeling about the entire situation... for good reason. The next thing that happened was terrifying; the clouds smothered the tired star entirely and then grew larger into a huge maw with the dying star deep inside of it as it consumed the Browns nearby. Terrified, Jairen fled and didn't know what to do. I assume he witnessed the collapse of a star into a black hole. I could vividly feel his terror as he went to find some of the Goldens in charge to tell them.
Thankfully, Jairen is safe and doing better now, although I have noticed some interesting effects whenever his connection to me intensifies or I channel him. Electronics go berserk. I have gone through an embarrassing amount of light bulbs for my leopard gecko's terrarium (and those things are supposed to be built to last). Everything is plugged into surge protectors, and the lights still flicker and struggle around him. Batteries drain like crazy. If Jairen is upset, it's even worse. I've seen my phone and laptop go from a battery life of around 75% to 3% in seconds. My old laptop adapter fried, my mom's laptop adapter fried, my battery had temporary damage, and the laptop adapter for my work laptop has been making mosquito screams at me -- right before the entire set-up unexpectedly dies. Multiple times.
Jairen came through a little bit once, during an argument with a former friend, and I have to guiltily admit that I took more pleasure than I should have in the fact that she went as white as a ghost when suddenly the whole apartment complex lost power entirely with a very satisfyingly loud whine. It probably took about five minutes for things to start struggling to turn back on, and some things simply didn't turn back on at all.
I know that solar flares can really make electronics flip out, and I'm starting to wonder if Jairen doesn't have a similar, if muted effect. I'd love to channel him with a thermometer hooked up and maybe a geiger counter! He radiates heat like nobody's business, especially if he is upset, and the way I've been going through tech makes me wonder if he isn't putting out some kind of radiation as well.....
I guess I'd better make sure to get my antioxidants, just in case.
I may be 3000 miles away from my trusted interviewers, but that doesn't mean that The Daemon Experiment can't continue. Do you have questions? Do you want to know what it is like to channel spirits or have any requests? Ask away in the comments below and if you are lucky I may answer in the next post!
In the meantime, I'd like to talk a little bit about one of the newer connections that have blossomed to life while this blog fell off the grid. Jairen is a very unique otherworlder, and the first of his kind that I've met. In the world he comes from, he is a star. Literally. A yellow dwarf star from, as I understand, the Orion Nebula area. Obviously his world has some curious similarities to our own (it has an Earth, and an Orion Nebula, for starters), but the more of his story I learned the more it became apparent that there were some striking differences as well.
In their world, the stars themselves are people with great power that is proportionate to their burning intensity, collected loosely into groups (galaxies). The least powerful are the Browns (Brown Dwarf stars), and they did not shapeshift very much, preferring their own natural star state. A few of them were able to shapeshift to human (brunette) form. Next were the Reds (Red Dwarf stars). Pretty much the same thing, but shapeshifting came more naturally to them, and they could take more shapes beyond that of human, but always with red hair. The most powerful out of that particular group were the Golden. These are Yellow Dwarfs and Giants, burning at a hotter temperature and putting out more light. The Golden shapeshift with ease between any form they desired, though they seem to prefer human (golden hair and eyes) or fire elemental form.
One of the Golden had Fallen to Earth in her human form, and found herself trapped there, greatly weakened. At first she was depressed and angry, but in time she grew to appreciate humans and learn to love the watery planet and its plants and creatures. She took up gardening to keep her depression at bay, but the peace and quiet didn't last long. She had been pregnant when she fell, and gave birth to a son, Jairen, who had the same golden hair and golden eyes. She could tell as soon as she saw him that he was a Golden as well (Yellow Dwarf), but did not reveal this to him. Instead she let him grow up thinking that he was human.
Unfortunately, his stellar ancestry was not so easily hidden or contained. He found himself having visions of other stars, or heating up and glowing when he was angry. His mother began to worry about what would happen if he shifted or lost his temper. He was, after all, a star. Something like that could rip apart the planet... and just because she was weak and flightless didn't mean that he was.
It is uncertain whether Jairen's energy attracted the other stars, or if his mother contacted them for help, but a couple of the other Golden came in human form to take him to visit their original home and tell him the truth about what he was and what they were. He was able to see them in their different forms -- many of the Golden took fiery equine forms or human forms, while others remained in unshifted star forms. He wandered around for at least a few days, exploring the nebula, and learned how to travel gently between Earth and his stellar home. When he was on his own, he saw something very disturbing, though.
A few of the Browns were playing with a very tired looking star, in their original star forms. The tired star was so exhausted that clouds of dust and fumes had started to collect around it and smother it. It pleaded, telling them: "I need to rest, now," but the others were too energetic and insisted to keep on playing. They crowded around the clouded star, and Jairen instantly got a bad feeling about the entire situation... for good reason. The next thing that happened was terrifying; the clouds smothered the tired star entirely and then grew larger into a huge maw with the dying star deep inside of it as it consumed the Browns nearby. Terrified, Jairen fled and didn't know what to do. I assume he witnessed the collapse of a star into a black hole. I could vividly feel his terror as he went to find some of the Goldens in charge to tell them.
Thankfully, Jairen is safe and doing better now, although I have noticed some interesting effects whenever his connection to me intensifies or I channel him. Electronics go berserk. I have gone through an embarrassing amount of light bulbs for my leopard gecko's terrarium (and those things are supposed to be built to last). Everything is plugged into surge protectors, and the lights still flicker and struggle around him. Batteries drain like crazy. If Jairen is upset, it's even worse. I've seen my phone and laptop go from a battery life of around 75% to 3% in seconds. My old laptop adapter fried, my mom's laptop adapter fried, my battery had temporary damage, and the laptop adapter for my work laptop has been making mosquito screams at me -- right before the entire set-up unexpectedly dies. Multiple times.
Jairen came through a little bit once, during an argument with a former friend, and I have to guiltily admit that I took more pleasure than I should have in the fact that she went as white as a ghost when suddenly the whole apartment complex lost power entirely with a very satisfyingly loud whine. It probably took about five minutes for things to start struggling to turn back on, and some things simply didn't turn back on at all.
I know that solar flares can really make electronics flip out, and I'm starting to wonder if Jairen doesn't have a similar, if muted effect. I'd love to channel him with a thermometer hooked up and maybe a geiger counter! He radiates heat like nobody's business, especially if he is upset, and the way I've been going through tech makes me wonder if he isn't putting out some kind of radiation as well.....
I guess I'd better make sure to get my antioxidants, just in case.
0 Comments to "Starchild"